The Old Plank Road
[Music] In 1915, two wheeled paths made of planks carried automobiles across the sand hills. [Music] This was the first of two wooden roads here in southeastern-most California. The second was built of cross ties the next year. And it was also called simply “The Plank Road” parts of this remain.
- Hotel del Coronado, Hour 3 Preview | 20th C Jewelry, Compact & Purse | ANTIQUES ROADSHOW | PBS
- 1982 Brooke Shields’s Bob Mackie Beaded Gown | Palm Springs Hour 3 | Preview
- Owner Interview: John Wesley Hardin Collection, ca. 1880 | Palm Springs Hour 1
- Elias Pelletreau Silver Teapot, ca. 1750 | Vintage Portland | Preview